Apr 27, 2021
When you move you will want to make it as stress free as possible, get yourself some 2 wall Gaylord boxes and start packing early using the checklist below:
* At least 48 hours before moving, it is recommended that the refrigerator be defrosted.
* Packing up your dishes isn't as hard as you would have originally thought. However, it is advised that all of your dishes be carefully wrapped in bubble wrap. This ensures that they are well protected from mishaps. Remember, don't overpack since this will make it difficult to move boxes with such fragile items.
* When packing those lovely glasses, it's a good idea to use sectional boxes, this keeps them secure for the move.
* To pack small appliances, you'll need to remove loose parts, components, or blades. Next, you'll need to tape up the cord around the appliance along with other parts. However, it's best to include a set of special instructions for these.
* If you're taking along a hefty supply of dried goods, it's best to secure them with bubble wrap or even tape paper. This keeps all of your spice jars secured.
* If you're taking along refrigerated goods, these should be secured in coolers that have ice.
* Secure that beautiful rug with some rope or plastic.
* When it comes to packing your dining chairs, you'll need to remove the legs and place them in boxes with their casters in labeled bags.
* The kitchen table should be secured with a wrapping blanket and tucked away in a secured area. Securing it prevents unnecessary sliding.
* Dining rooms are usually filled with decorative items such as artwork, lamps, and others. These items can be easily wrapped in bubble wrap or paper as needed.
Living Room And Den
* Electronics such as computers and TVs should be secured by using a blanket while you unscrew the base. Don't forget, you'll need screws so be sure to secure them at the back of your TV.
* Before packing all of your moving boxes, you'll need to put your furniture into the truck. Remember to take the legs off so that they can be easily maneuvered into your new place.
* If you have electronic components, it is recommended that you tape all of your cables together. These should be secured along with the auxiliary cables, the HDMI, and the remote control.
* Your mirrors and artwork are delicate, so handle them with care. These should be properly bubble wrapped or wrapped in blankets.
* At this stage in packing, it's time to take care of your coffee table. You'll need to use a couple of furniture sliders on the legs so that you don't get the floors scratched. If your tabletop can be easily scratched, you should ensure that you cover it with a blanket so that it doesn't scratch.
* All bulbs should be removed from their respective lamps and stored in a cushioned box. The bases of the lamps can also be bubble wrapped if it falls into the fragile category.
* DVDs, CDs, and books should be packed in separate easy to carry boxes. Overfilling or stuffing these boxes will result in them eventually breaking.
* Your casual clothing should be neatly folded and placed into your moving boxes. Anything outside of casual ware should be placed in special wardrobe boxes on hangers during the move.
* Your valuable jewel possession should be secured in containers that you keep on hand during your move.
* During the move, you're bound to meet with natural elements. So, be sure to place your mattresses in bags to protect them.
* Your pillows and bedding can be kept clean by placing them in specially labeled bags.
* If you have a home office, all of your critical files will need to be stored in a locked or safe box as you prepare for moving day.
* Toiletries should be kept together so that they can be easily accessed. Bathrooms are usually the first room that you'll need to unpack when you arrive at your new home.
* Towels, soap, and even toilet paper can be pre-packed for the number of bathrooms that you have in your new home. This just simply means that you can pack one box for each bathroom.
* The dryer and washer should be unplugged before you begin disconnecting all of your other appliances and components. Next, you'll need to secure your washer hose, the dryer vent, and the power cords for all of your appliances.
* Fabric softeners and detergents should be thrown away since they are dangerous to transport.
* Baskets and laundry hampers can also work as moving boxes for t-shirts, socks, and other small items.
* The cushions from your law furniture can be easily packed in trash bags or boxes.
* Harmful materials such as fertilizer, paint, or weed killer should be thrown out.
* If you have a hefty handful of tools, these can be packed away in your tool chests. However, be sure to use towels to wrap your hammers and saws.
* You may have mowers or grills, the gas should be properly drained before you transport them. If the gas tank is removable, it is recommended that you remove it.
* All pool toys should be deflated to make it easier to store them during the move.
* If you own bikes, you can transport them on your SUV. This allows you to safely keep track of them.