Mar 04, 2015
There are many reasons a business or organization will want to improve the security of their property, and there are many ways to accomplish this. While the most commonly held security discussions taking place centre around cyber espionage and terror, the reality is there are much simpler threats that are often going unmet. No matter how much the NSA improves security on the Internet it will do little to protect your real property and physical assets.
The most common and easy to deploy security systems are often the best defence against common intruders, at a building or worksite. Something as simple as a steel door installation with a solid locking mechanism is a great way to keep assets inside a building safe, while keeping criminals out. When it comes to selling commercial or industrial properties, it is value accretive to have added security features to the premises.
Here are 4 simple tips for making your property more secure.
- Install Security Doors – One of the easiest ways to ensure your employees and assets are safe is to install security doors. These doors can be outfitted with the latest security door hardware that will allow them to easily open in the event of an emergency or fire. The system is a popular hardware part of the Lockmark USA group and is highly useful in keeping the premises and its occupant’s safe.
- Security System – Installing a security system and hiring a monitoring service is a great way to keep property safe, especially if your employees or trusted friends do not visit it on a regular basis. A security system can keep track of any fire, floor, or other damage occurring alert you to the problem so you can arrange clean up and dispatch the relevant authorities.
- Camera Systems – One of the best ways to be able to deter incidents and ensure you have all of the information about any that do happen is to install a camera system. These systems can record and store all of the security footage digitally in case it is needed. Further still it is possible to go online through a secure website and look at a live view of the camera. This is a great way to get an idea of the current status of the property.
- Hire a Shared Security Firm - A shared security firm will visit your property at irregular intervals throughout the day and night to patrol for anything suspicious. The presence of this service will be enough to deter many thieves especially if its arrival is unpredictable.
- Window Bars – Installing window bars is a great way to keep your property and all of the equipment inside of it safe.