* EXTENSIVE SITE EXTENDING TO APPROXIMATELY 3.4 ha / 8.4 ACRES* FULL PLANNING CONSENT FOR 107 UNITS (SUBJECT TO S.106 AGREEMENT)* CLOSE TO TOWN CENTRE AND REGENERATED HARBOUR AREA* FREEHOLD SALE BY WAY OF PRIVATE TREATYWhitehavenWhitehaven is a fine Georg
* EXTENSIVE SITE EXTENDING TO APPROXIMATELY 3.4 ha / 8.4 ACRES
* FULL PLANNING CONSENT FOR 107 UNITS (SUBJECT TO S.106 AGREEMENT)
* CLOSE TO TOWN CENTRE AND REGENERATED HARBOUR AREA
* FREEHOLD SALE BY WAY OF PRIVATE TREATYWhitehavenWhitehaven is a fine Georgian town built originally on traditional shipping and mining industries but in modern times focused around the regenerated harbour and marina area which has fast become a favourite with yacht and leisure craft owners from all around the country as their preferred "Gateway to the Lakes". The town centre has a wealth of Georgian architecture - nowadays the busy thoroughfares include pedestrianised shopping streets, restaurants, bars and cafes around the town and harbour area creating an attractive environment in which to live and work.LocationThe site is situated approximately one mile south of Whitehaven town centre with a substantial principle frontage to Low Road within an area of Whitehaven which is fast becoming known for a number of thoughtfully designed residential developments, creating a focus of demand from buyers wishing to live and work in the area.
Whitehaven itself is well placed to serve a wide range of industries either directly or indirectly connected with the Sellafield BNFL complex some 10 miles to the south yet is right on the doorstep of some of the most beautiful countryside in the country.DescriptionThe site slopes from higher ground adjoining the western boundary down towards Low Road, extending to approximately 3.4ha / 8.4 acres.PlanningThe land was identified in the Copeland Local Plan 2001 - 2016 as being allocated for residential development. The scheme was considered at the planning panel meeting 29/4/2015 and was agreed for approval of Full Planning Consent, subject to a Section 106 agreement (for an element of affordable homes) together with ancillary conditions.
The Section 106 Agreement was completed on the 30th November 2016 requiring and nominating 12 units within the scheme as Affordable Homes.TenureThe land is offered Freehold with vacant possession.Further InformationContact:
T: Direct Dial)
Cockermouth Office: A Buyers Pack is available on request from Grisdales - call or email
The Buyer Pack includes:
- Grant of Planning Consent
- Location and Boundary Plan
- Planning Conditions
- Section 106 Agreement
- Mining Risk Assessment
- Site Layout Plan
- House Type DesignsViewing ArrangementsViewing arrangements and an on site visit can be arranged through Grisdales on or directly with:
Tim Grisdale MRICS
T: Direct Dial)
M:The Consumer Protection Regulations 2008Please contact us before viewing the property. If there is any point of particular importance to you we will be pleased to provide additional information or to make further enquiries. We will also confirm that the property remains available. This is particularly important if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.